Sunday Fun-

We had a day so jam packed with plans I was sure that Seth would struggle and not get his naps in, but.. he got both naps in and good long ones too. I think I am getting better at this mommy job. :)

Actually I have to give credit to Seth, since he has been sleeping through the night he is really good about being ok with just two naps. He goes down in the morning at around 9:30 till 11:30 and then in the afternoon around 2:30 to 4:00. Today's activities just so happened to fit right in to the schedule. I love it when that happens.

So we started our day with visiting my side of the family to celebrate my brother Dariu's 23rd b-day. I can't believe that... it's crazy how time flies. I still remember when he was just 2 years old, we had just come to America and he was sooooo cute, he had never met my dad because my dad escaped Romania and left my mom there pregnant. (he had to get us here and that was the only way... long story which I may tell another time). Anyhow the Communist regime was so cruel that it took them 2 years to let my dad see his family again. I am so grateful to my parents for the sacrifices they made to bring us to the states 21 years ago. 

Dariu is now 23 and he is such a great brother, I love him dearly even though we are 8 years apart. I love how he loves my son and finds such joy in taking time to play with him. It's so wonderful how babies bring families together. Seth has really done that for ours
Here is a photo of my youngest brother.
Dariu smiling at Seth

Seth showing his "I'm unhappy" side.
After the b-day celebration drew to an end Seth was ready for his nap a little early because of all the playing and having a whole slice of pizza (teeny tiny slice). But we still had a lot more stuff to do. Next on the list was going to my sis-in-law's house for a lunch with the family. My bro-in-law recently had some surgery and we were getting together to visit and catch up. My in-laws don't get as much time with Seth and I feel terrible about that. No excuses it's just I need to make time to go visit more. I blame Chris! ;) it's just easier that way. :) just teasing...hehe

While there Carmen gave Seth a new hat she got for him that I think he might just be outgrowing as we speak ;) but it's adorable and so we had to take a quick photo of him wearing it before he tore it off his head. I'm not sure but I think you can tell that in the photograph Carmen is holding his hands so that he doesn't grab for it. While we were at the in-laws Seth was biting on his dad's hand and Chris informs me that Seth has a tooth. Well of course I immediately investigate this and sure enough he has a lower anterior tooth peeking through. He has been a lot more fussy the last few days and now it all makes sens. Today he has been pretty happy but has started sneezing and coughing a bit, no fever yet and I am praying whatever he has he is able to kick really quickly.
If it weren't for his shirt I would say Seth looks like a little girl in this photo... :)

So we only stayed about an hour at my in-laws house because Seth needed a nap, and although I tried getting him to sleep he was just to aware of all of his cousins playing outside. He could hear them through the window and tired as he was he kept raising his head off the bed to peer out the window. It was futile to try to put him to sleep there,  when I knew that the moment we got in the car he would be out. So that's what we did, I took some coffee to go and set him in his car seat and drove downtown. Seconds after leaving he was out, he ended up sleeping 1.5 hours which was great because our next thing on the list required a lot of energy.

We joined friends for a play date at an indoor playground. Oh man was that fun. We played and played and went down really big slides (in my lap of course) and just had fun. He loves to people watch especially kids. We were joined by my friend's sister and son and Seth was so curious at first, he has not had a chance to really hang out with another boy his age and it was interesting to watch them interact. This play date made me realize that I definitely have to do this again. Because it's really important for him to be around kids his own age and I don't know why I haven't done it before. Outside of his cousins he has not had very much interaction with other kids his age. I think it's high time this becomes a more regular occurrence.

After a couple hours we were ready to head home. I thought for sure he would fall asleep in the car but he didn't he actually lasted for about 2 more hours before I put him to bed. After placing him in the crib with him half asleep I rubbed some baby vapour-rub on his chest, neck and back and he just started giggling and giggling, it was so funny. He is so sweet and such a joy and it makes me so happy to have these little moments. I am hoping and praying that he won't have any trouble sleeping tonight due to a persistent cough and some sneezing he has had throughout the day + the teething.  
Photos from the play date- at the end before we left he was trying to chew on the table rim...

not a very clear photograph but what a sweet face...