Life as a working mom...

So not what I had envisioned when I was younger.... To start off I always thought that I would be a homemaker once we started our family. That was my plan, but alas I did  not marry a guy who was 100% in sync with this idea. Not that he wouldn't be happy for me to stay home if financially we were totally secure. He is a very responsible guy and being financially secure is very high on his list. Therefore since I'm still in debt for my education I must work. 

I have been working very part time since Seth's birth, but as of Monday I am going to be working 3-4 days a week for the next month or so. Yeah for the money! But a big part of me is very unhappy. I miss him so much after a long day at work. When I get home I look forward to playing with him but after an hour I'm pooped and he can still go. I think part of it is that I'm no longer a spring chicken... hehe
Well with the new year come new changes. Firstly my husband and I are going on a very strict budget put together by Dave Ramsey. Chris listens to him almost daily and has been talking me into it for the last month or so. I'm not thrilled but I am going along with the plan. Because once I pay my debt off I get to stay home if I want or just work here and there.

I have to say that I am very grateful for the fact that Seth is being watched by family members only and I trust that they love him and will take care of him to the best of their ability. Today I had a crazy long day at work and my brother Cosmin stayed over and watched Seth all day. When I came home, my Christmas tree had been taken down, ornaments neatly arranged and the tree cut into pieces and placed into the yard debris bin. Not to mention dinner had been made the house was neat and in order... but above all my baby was happy and smiling and just beaming up at me when I walked in.

I love him so much and am so grateful for wonderful and loving family who are always willing to help.
So I'm looking forward to a day off in the middle of the week, tomorrow Seth and I are going to head downtown and take lots of photos, have coffee with Cosmin and just have a lazy day together.

xoxo