Happy December!


This is my favorite month of the year! I love the holidays that surround this month and of course I'm a big fan of Christmas and all that pertains to this holiday. Yeah, yeah I know it's over commercialized blah, blah, blah... but honestly I don't really even thing about that. In my opinion Christmas can be as crazy or as quiet as you want to make it. I don't buy into all the hype of having to exchange presents with all of the people I know and therefore there's no pressure. There have been plenty of years where Chris and I didn't exchange presents but instead spent the money on a nice vacation or weekend away or just exchanged greeting cards and had a romantic evening in. So ok with this by the way! Besides anything I really want and need I can buy myself.
One of the reasons I love this month is because December 4th is the day my husband and I got married back in 1999. It was a cold but amazing sunny day and I can still close my eyes and go back to that day and remember what it felt like. The photo shoot at Pittock Mansion and how cold it was I think my lips turned blue because all I had on was my wedding dress. The fact that my bouquet fell apart mid-way through the day and when we got to the church I had my friend go downstairs to the reception hall and make me a whole new bouquet. Which turned out better than the one I paid 100$ for...haha. I remember feeling so loved by all the hugs and good wishes from family and friends. I remember feeling like a princess in my wedding dress.
I also remember how nervous I was after the reception and knowing I had to go home and have the wedding night... My husband still teases me about the fact that I kept postponing leaving his parents house until after 1 am. What can I say? I was a 19 year old innocent newly, married girl. When I really think about it I can't believe how young I was and what a huge decision I made at such a young age. I am so grateful that I was blessed with such an amazing husband because otherwise things would have probably gone differently than they have.
This Saturday we celebrate 11 years together as a married couple and I am so excited about celebrating it this year. It's been a blessed year because of the addition of our son. We are so happy with Seth he makes our lives so much fuller and busy. It's just what I was hoping for and nothing I expected it to be. It's even better. Another reason I love December is because Chris gets more time off from work and that means a lot more family fun days. I love doing anything when the three of us are together. I even love going to Costco during the rush hour weekend days when it's the three of us. I have so much peace and joy in the moments we have together.
HAPPY DECEMBER!


Recent photos of Seth, his new fave activity is to place anything he can get his hands on in his mouth and chomp down on it as hard as he can. And oh my the Saliva is unbelievable it's like pouring out of every one of his pores. I've never seen anything like it.

aww just look at that saliva stained outfit you can even see it in the b&w photo.