2010 In Review

 A Questionnaire-
I thought I'd do this even though we are a couple of months into the new year. I feel that I may look back on this someday and find it interesting.
This is from somewhere on line I can't remember now sorry...

1. What did you do in 2010 that you hadn’t done before?
     I Got a Digital SLR camera and started my adventure in Blog land.
2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
 I gave birth, for the 2nd time but to the first live baby little miracle baby boy Seth.
3. Did anyone close to you die?
 My boss and friend Dr. James A. Rademacher died in January 2010. I worked for him for 10 years and he had become like a family member to me. He will forever be missed. I still think of him very often.
4. Did you travel? Where did you go? 
 We went on a cruise to the Eastern side of the Caribbean
5. Best thing you bought?
 baby swing
6. Where did most of your money go?
 mortgage
7. What do you wish you had done more of?
    exercise 
8. What do you wish you had done less of?
 tv watching
9. What kept you sane?
 my friends and family
10. What drove you mad?
 lack of sleep and all the hormone changes from being pregnant and postpartum blues
11. What made you celebrate?
 giving birth to Seth, the best day of my life meeting him and getting to know him and myself as a mom has been a revelation that I am so grateful to have experienced
12. What made you sad?
 having to go back to work and spending time away from my son
13. How was your birthday this year?
 I turned 30 and it was pretty low key but special at the same time
14. What political issue stirred you the most this year?
 the healthcare bill that passed
15. Were you in love in 2010?
 deeply and irrevocably
16. What would you like to have in 2011 that you didn’t have this year?
 more sleep ;)
17. What date from 2010 will be etched in your memory and why?
 4.15.10 the birth of my Son
18. What song will remind you of 2010?
 the ipad commercial song
19. Compared to this time last year are you happier?
oh so much more it's not even a contest
20. Biggest achievement this year?
 becoming Seth's mom
21. Biggest disappointment this year?
 not being able to find a permanent part-time work position
22. What is the one thing that would have made you more satisfied?
 not even having to go back to work at all
23. Best new person you met this year?
that goes to Brandy a girlfriend I met through my work as a temp dental hygienist. Most awesome girl I've ever had the pleasure of working with, she is such a happy and fun person always makes me feel like I matter to her and has a good attitude regardless of what the day brings her way. love her
24. A valuable life lesson you learned this year?
 cherish the ones you love, no one promises you tomorrow with them.
25. How was your health in 2010?
 very good
26. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
 didn't make any and I will try
27. What countries did you visit?
 British Virgin Islands and other Caribbean Islands hmm…
28. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
 more of my hubbies time… ;)
29. Did you suffer hardship in 2010?
 thank you Lord for providing for all of our need even though we went for some time without my income.
30. Whose behavior merited celebration?
my husbands for putting up with me through the month post delivery of our baby, I was an emotional wreck
31. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
 my own… hehe through the first month post pregnancy I was in a very sad state
32. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
 Seth and every moment since has been an Ahh moment. I love motherhood.
33. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier
ii. thinner or fatter? Definitely thinner I was 8 months pregnant
iii. richer or poorer? Def Richer in every way.
34. How did you spend the New Year’s?
with Chris' family eating and merry making ;)
35. How many one-night stands?
ZERO I'm a happily Married woman :)
 
36. What was your favorite TV program?
ashamed to type this but I will… ok so since the Twilight Trilogy I've come to really like Vampire stories so my show this last year was Vampire Diaries
 
37. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
no hate here don't want any of that in my heart
 
38. What was the best book you read?
ooh… On Becoming Baby Wise
39. What was your greatest musical (re)discovery?
 not sure I wish I was more knowledgeable of music, I love it but I never remember names
40. What did you want and get?
 I wanted the ipad and got that for my 1st Mother's Day/30th Birthday
41. What did you want and not get?
 New laptop (but I did get that this year)
42. What was your favorite film that you watched this year?
 Inception
43. What one experience do you never want to repeat from this year?
the passing of a loved one
44. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? 
for the most part of the year I was in pregnancy clothes and then I really loved the fact that skinny jeans and or leggings with long tops and boots was in fashion because I lived in that style
 
45. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most 
 I have been a long time fan of the show Friends so the first person that comes to mind when I think of a celebrity is Jennifer Aniston… now I'm not a fan of everything she stands for but I do really like her a lot.
46. Who did you miss?
 my cousins in Austria, I miss them dearly especially since for the last few years we've been visiting a lot more regularly
47. Quote that sums up your year:
 The moment a child is born, the mother is also born.  She never existed before.  The woman existed, but the mother, never.  A mother is something absolutely new.  ~Rajneesh
48. Was 2010 a good year for you?
 It was an amazing year full of joy and pain and revelations.
49. What was your favorite moment of the year?
when my son said Momma for the first time
50. What was your least favorite moment of the year?
 getting laid off from work when I was 7 months pregnant over the phone… I cried for like 2 days and then I had to go back for 2 weeks. Are you kidding me I wanted to quit right then and there. When asked why I was being let go my boss turned all red and got tongue tied. Can you say she was letting me go because I was preggers and she didn't feel like having to deal with the difficulties of all that and had been looking for my replacement behind my back. Oh well I had not planned on returning after my baby was born because the office was not a good match for me.
51. Where were you when 2010 began?
 At Mint a restaurant
52. Who were you with?
 my husband and my friend Tabi and her hubby and brother-in-law
53. Do you have a new year’s resolution for 2011?
 get pregnant again ;)
54. What was your favorite month of 2010?
 December holidays with Seth were a blast I can't even tell you how much fun they were
55. What were your favorite songs in 2010?
Cold War by Janelle Monae
Need You Now by Lady Antebellum
ooh… I'm gonna add Just the way you are by Bruno Mars
56. What was your favorite record from 2010? 
ugh… I never buy a whole CD anymore so I don't have a pick
57. How many concerts did you see in 2010?
zero
58. Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2010?
 no
59. Did you do a lot of drugs in 2010?
 none
60. How many people did you sleep with in 2010?
 two… my hubby and my baby we are talking about sleep only right… ;)
61. Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?
 I don't think so but I'm sure I did plenty of things that were embarrassing I just can't think of them at the moment.
62. What was the worst lie someone told you in 2010?
yeah I don't know I guess nothing too big
63. Did you treat somebody badly in 2010?
 I am sure my hubby got some attitude from me
64. Did somebody treat you badly in 2010?
 yeah I'm sure they did but I'm not dwelling on it ;)
65. What was your most embarrassing moment of 2010?
although I'm sure I have not escaped this last year without one embarrassing moment I cannot for the life of me remember it right now...
66. If you could go back in time to any moment of 2010 and change something, what would it be?
 not being so impatient for Seth to be born
67. What are you most looking forward to in 2011?
Summer time with Seth
*****