Happy 9 Months Little Man!

Seth is 9 Months Old Today!
I have a hard time believing how fast time has gone by, and how he has changed from month 1 to now.
Here is Seth’s 9 Month Milestone Chart:
Child's Age

Mastered Skills (most kids can do)

Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)

Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
Stands while holding onto something (for a few seconds)
Jabbers or combines syllables-definitly
Understands object permanence- yes
Cruises while holding onto furniture -nope
Drinks from a sippy cup - yes
Eats with fingers
Bangs objects together - yes
Plays patty-cake and peek-a-boo – a little peek-a-boo but no patty-cake
Says "mama" and "dada" to the correct parent –says both and said dada to his dad for the first time today.

Today was not a pretty day weather wise, but we decided to go ahead and still keep our plans to go to the Mountain for Seth to enjoy his first experience with Snow… Probably not the best decision we’ve ever made! It rained cats and dogs the whole time we were there so I didn’t even chance taking out my camera. I did snap a couple iPhone photos of him in the snow.
He took a nap all the way home and was nice and rested by the time we returned to our casa. His daddy decided to head to the gym for some tennis. We joined my two other sisters out to a cafe for a cupcake for Seth (which he didn’t eat and it went into the trash can) and an Americano for momma.
After taking some photos of Seth with his auntie Andreia whom he loves dearly, we headed back home and recorded a few videos of Seth to remember this birthday. He was a bit cranky as it was definitely time for his nap again but wouldn’t go to bed until after his aunties Andreia and DeeJay left.
I am looking forward to his one year birthday and excited for all the new milestones to come. He has yet to get his first tooth for which I am happy.  I know once they come they need to be kept clean so that he never experiences a cavity. He has yet to really crawl or make any steps on his own… which I know are just around the corner. He is in his walker a lot because he loves it and has gotten really good at it. That means he has become very familiar with the bottom floor of our home and I have had to safety proof all the outlets because he has a thing for them… Above all in his development I am looking forward to our communication increasing. In watching that video from when he was 2 mos old I realized quite how much he does communicate with me. I never used to understand kids when they were very little, but I have to say that it is different with your own. You really get to know their little ways of telling you what they need.  It’s wonderful!
All in all it was a wonderful day and we are grateful that we got to spend time with family, especially since we see such little of some of them. ;)


Here is a short video from when Seth was two mos. old it's very dark but it's a good reference point for how far he has come. So fun to see all the changes...