1st foto-shoot of 2012

just did our first shoot of 2012. I think both De'j and I were about at the same level of excitement. it's been quite some time since the last time we did a photo shoot and this is one of the many we will be doing this month, all in preparation for her senior photos which are due at the end of the month.
I was supper excited because i got to rent a Nikon 85 mm 1.4 lens for this shoot. It was my first time renting this lens and I was so excited to see what it can do. I didn't get to pick it up till after 3 pm so the light was already dwindling by the time we got out to Union Station. I'm definitely looking forward to this weekend with this lens. I'm gonna go all paparazzi stalker on my kids and sister… ;)
I have plans for renting a whole different lens next weekend, :)  so stoked about that one too… This year i am seriously considering putting down some SERIOUS dough on a SERIOUS lens . that's why I'm going to be renting the ones I'm considering... that way I feel that I can make a more informed decision. It's one thing for me to read reviews but a totally different thing to actually handle the lenses and see what makes sense for me and what I like to photograph.

here's today's selection… out of aprox 300 photos I chose these as my faves: 
goal: someday I hope that at least half the photos I take will be my faves. ;)


























I wouldn't mind your opinions people… 
here's what I want to know
i mainly do portraits of loved ones, however i have for a very long time wanted a macro/micro lens. I love, love, love macro photography and would love to learn and attempt some. I would so love a lens that can combine these two passions.
here are the lenses I have done a bit of research on. 
they are in order from most expensive to least. If you know anything about any of these I'd love some comments.


Nikkor 85mm AF-S f1.4




vs the: Nikon 105mm f/2.8 AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 

 




vs the: Nikkor 85 mm f/3.5 AF-S Micro VR Dx 

 



(downside: if I ever get a full sensor body this lens will not be compatible)



thank you,

Bobi